Thursday, January 31, 2013

Day 4 Summary

Today will be a blissfully short entry, I promise.

RUN - 60 Min
I wasn't sure how much the cold would deter me this morning when I woke up. It was 7 degrees, btw (not figuring in windchill). But the thing with me is, once I'm out of bed and standing upright, I'm awake and not stopping. 

Usual routine, out the door by 4:45, got to the campus just as they were opening the doors. It's interesting to me that there are so many other people there at the same time (Really! I'm not the only one up that early exercising!). I was on the track at 5:05, did a warm up lap and got into it.

Remember the other day how I was wondering if it was music or time of day that may play a role in my pace? Well today I started out with some more up-tempo songs, and ended up doing an 8:25 on the first mile. Go figure. 

The next 5 miles were the same, within a few seconds of each other. Even though I was supposed to take it easy, I wanted to challenge myself and see how much I could kick it up for mile 7. Turned it in at 7:43. I was pleased. 

Totals: 58 min 42 sec, 7.01 miles (8:22 avg pace)

I admit, though - I was feeling a little twinge near the top of my quad the rest of the day. Maybe shouldn't have cranked it up at the end. Didn't hurt badly or anything - I got through Insanity workout just fine when I got home. Still, glad that the next two days revolve around bike and swim. No running again until Monday. Three days off should do some good.

No comments:

Post a Comment