Friday, January 25, 2013

What's the deal with this blog?

So... what's the deal with this blog? What exactly am I hoping to achieve? Fair and obvious questions, with some fair and not-so-obvious answers.

ACCOUNTABILITY 
 If you follow me on Facebook, you know you're subjected to a seemingly relentless stream of updates regarding what I'm doing from a physical standpoint (OK, and everything else I'm doing, everywhere else I'm going, etc). I don't post those to brag - I post them to keep myself honest. Some of my posts feed automatically from Endomondo, and some from Garmin. In order to relieve friends and family from the flood of such updates, I'll be moving said activity to this blog. It will still be a 'public record', so to speak, so anyone can still call me out if they think I'm slacking.

INFORMATIVE
Bit by bit, more friends and family are asking me about the changes I've made regarding both my training and my nutrition. This will be my platform to share what I learn - not just about nutrition, but I'll also share observations on how certain foods impact my energy levels, any weight gain/loss, or other physiological effects. I'll also post links to articles and videos related to health, fitness, and nutrition.

INSPIRATION
This is the real reason. I'm not saying anyone needs to do a triathlon or anything. But if just one person reads this and is inspired to make any change at all towards living a more healthy lifestyle, that would be both satisfying and humbling at the same time.

So that's it for my first entry. Bear with me as I try to figure this out more going forward. Hopefully it will be entertaining more often than not. I'll be 'keeping it real' and not hold anything back. If I'm hurtin, you'll know about it. If I'm feeling great, you'll know about it. Wish me luck, and thanks for coming along on the journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment